I love to create, and I love to gift my creations. I have always preferred to give and receive thoughtful homemade items... and I can remember being enveloped by this urge as a child as well. I love the consideration and time that goes into the art of the home good... thinking about how and what to make is the most fun.
Last year because money was a little tight I decided to make all the women in our family and my 6th grade room moms scented sugar scrubs. This year it's Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix!
I took the idea from Pennies on a Platter's Hot Cocoa mix (originally The Brown Eyed Baker's Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix), and then I just revised it based on what I had available in my pantry.
This recipe is SUPER easy to make-- all you need is a powerful food processor or blender and some canning jars for your finished product.
- 3 cups dry milk powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Blend in a food processor in small batches until all is combined and chocolate is finely ground.
- Transfer into small air tight canning jars
- I decorated my canning jars with Christmas craft paper and mod podge (gotta love the mod podge!), instructions, and a ribbon with gift tag
Yield: about 20 servings
|Hot Cocoa, Anyone?|
To make: Mix 1/3 cup of cocoa mix with 1 cup warm milk. Enjoy :)