Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thanksgiving Desserts, oh the choices!

Okay, so I MAY be on a personal sabbatical from the kitchen and my trusty stand mixer, but that doesn't keep me off Pinterest, or stop me from gathering ideas for Thanksgiving desserts. My MIL will be cooking the dinner at her house, and then everyone will walk across the street to our home for dessert. I think it's safe to say that though I can bake, I am NO cook.

 My husband loves to cook, and that man can cook circles around me! This is the same man that ate pizza every night for dinner during his first few years of teaching and bachelor living. He ate off paper plates and drank from solo cups because he didn't want to break out the dishes and turn on the sink. How did he transform into a kitchen mastermind? Well all I can say is that one wonderful aspect of Doodle Bug's constant fussiness during the hours of 5-9 PM each night was that the husband had to learn how to prepare the meals. I was stuck on the couch with a nursling that would only calm down when I fed her. He began with making curries (a staple in our home), and slowly started to branch out to pastas with homemade sauces, stuffed squash, roasted garlic asparagus, etc. I have become one lucky lady... and 16 months later I still love to sit back and watch him create new dishes.

So, today my mission was securing Thanksgiving desserts to please each palate. My husband, SIL, and MIL LOVE dark chocolate, my FIL and myself prefer white chocolate, and of course... PUMPKIN needs to make an appearance!

Narrowed down choices include:
  1. Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle (Gingerbread cake, pumpkin butterscotch pudding, toffee, whipped cream)
  2. Cranberry White Chocolate Bread Pudding (WOW!)
  3.  Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Pie Frosting
I may not want to bake just yet, but MAN-- these sound delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment