|Finally! A pumpkin muffin!|
So, after our morning fun I decided to take a shot at my own pumpkin muffins for her. I found a great recipe online, and I just adapted it to make it a little healthier for my toddler that doesn't understand portion control when it comes to pumpkin.
Okay, so on with the recipe already....
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie)
- A few TBSP maple syrup (because our family has a slight obsession with the maple goodness)
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup applesauce
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- A TBSP maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp good vanilla extract (I just Mexican vanilla)
- a little confectioners sugar (maybe a TBSP)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine pumpkin, applesauce, sugars, and maple syrup.
- add in eggs and beat until combined.
- sift together flour, pumpkin pie spice,salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet- just mixing enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- Use a large scoop and prepare muffin pans (either use paper cups or spray)
- Bake for 25 or so minutes (until inserted tooth pick comes out clean).
- Cool on wire racks before storing.
- Combine ingredients for glaze and drizzle over top.
I have also made this recipe adding in chocolate chips-- that was a hit with my middle school students!