Monday, October 22, 2012

Crock Pot Applesauce

Completed step #3
Doodle Bug loves applesauce, and I love to bake with applesauce as a replacement for oil. I figured, if I am baking with applesauce in order to have a healthier end result, I better start making my own applesauce so I know the exact ingredients. It's really not as difficult as you might think to make your own applesauce. All you need is a crock pot, and you can start the applesauce making wheels in motion.

Ingredients:
  • 4 large apples (I like to use organic when I am cooking for Doodle Bug)
  • fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1/4 cup water
Directions:
  1. Peel and core all apples.
  2. Put apples in crock pot with cinnamon stick, water, lemon juice (a few squirts), and diced up butter.
  3. Cook on high for 1 hour and 30 minutes- 2 hours.
  4. Pulse cooked mixture in food processor and let cool. 
  5. Store in large mason jar in refrigerator.  


No comments:

Post a Comment