|post waffle trip to the pumpkin patch!|
So, what did I decide to make this morning for breakfast? Pumpkin Spice Waffles. These are SUPER easy to make... and VERY yummy-- complete with Doodle Bug's seal of approval.
The batter makes up to 6 servings. We used 1/2 of the batter and covered the rest with cling wrap. It will stay good in the refrigerator for up to one week. You just need to stir it up again really well before using.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (just because I had it in the refrigerator and needed to use it-- if you do not have buttermilk you can use regular milk)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons or more of pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Plug in waffle iron so it can get nice and hot.
- In stand mixer beat eggs until they are light and fluffy. Add milk, buttermilk, vanilla, oil, sugar, and pumpkin and mix together.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet-- mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cook according to the directions on your waffle iron.
|Tuckered out and snuggling with her baby pumpkin|