I have never been one to want for much. I buy what I need and am satisfied. I don't like clutter, and material possessions always end up piling up and creating more clutter. I have become baking obsessed here in the past few years, so I find that anytime a birthday or holiday is coming around I always ask for a random kitchen accessory. What did I ask my Husband to get me for Mother's Day? A food scale for making macarons :)
Here's my updated baker's wishlist:
- I'll start with more prep space, but that's really not an option when considering the square footage of our home. Would I be happy with a kitchen that takes up half of the square footage? Yes, but would I be able to one day resell this home to someone else who is as baking obsessed as me? Most likely the answer is no.
- More kitchen aid mixing bowls. Glass, stainless, with handles and without, with lids. Oh man!
- A fun color stand mixer. I have white, which is classic and beautiful, but I would love something random, flashy, and different as well. My older sister just bought a beautiful black one that sparkles... SPARKLES!
- A copper bowl for making meringues and French Macarons. I had NO idea just how expensive they were until the other day!
- Cookie cutters for all occasions. Currently I have letters of the alphabet, star, sun, and circles.
- Medium and small cookie and batter scoops.
- More 9 inch round pans
- A pie plate-- one thing I have yet to attempt
- Pastry tips for icing cakes
- Large angled spatula for icing cakes
- All different types of fun decorative accents and sprinkles for cupcakes.
- One more muffin pan-- would make Doodle Bug's meal preps so much easier.
- New cookie sheets-- mine are so old, and have been used so often that they are not "dark," they are BLACK!
- My own store front... I mean... a girl can DREAM, can't she?
- And last, but certainly not least... an apron that isn't decorated for Christmas. Let's just say it's Christmas all year round when I'm in the kitchen.