Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Little Miss Muffie will only eat Muffins

 **Little Miss Muffie herself... helping to gather all the ingredients for mommy**
Lately we have been calling Doodle Bug "Little Miss Muffie" because the child will ONLY EAT MUFFINS! She is 14 months old and currently cutting two molars, so I don't blame her for the picky eating. Due to her particular palate, I have recently become more adventurous with my muffin recipes. 

Goodbye are the days of blueberry and banana.... and hello to Mama on veggie patrol. 

My MIL and I have been making muffins back and forth for the past few weeks trying to make sure Little Miss Muffie is meeting as many of her food groups as possible. 

The most recent muffin creation has come from my husband's Nana's recipe for zucchini/carrot/bran bread. Lately MIL has been sharing many of Nana's recipes-- I wish I had met her...

Here's the recipe I used:


3 eggs

1 cup fresh applesauce (instead of oil)
1 1/2 brown sugar (packed)
1 cup zucchini grated and drained
1 cup carrots grated
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 bran cereal 
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon all spice

Preheat oven to 350.
In stand mixer beat eggs with applesauce. Stir in sugar, zucchini, carrots, and vanilla. 
In a large bowl sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and all spice.
Add bran cereal to the wet ingredients.
Mix in the dry ingredients. 

Bake in muffin tins for 30 minutes (makes 2 dozen)

1 comment:

  1. I loved Nana's zucchini carrot bread... bet they're fun as muffin's! Good job being sneaky with little ms. muffie.

    ReplyDelete